Monday, March 9, 2009

latest work











When I am posting my pics and writing, any new pics are coming before the first ones...like its backwards but these don't matter, the brown coil vase is my latest piece, I mixed some iron oxide into have of the clay when it was being recycled to see what would happen, I can't tell the difference right now, I alternated the coils with the plain brown and then with the brown that had the oxide in it. It is drying now, I am not going to rush it, hope it makes it out of the kiln. I don't know if I will just clear coat it or what, have to see what happens.

The blue coil bowl was made using the caulk gun extruder that I made after watching a video on you tube, it works pretty good. I then used a square bowl from the thrift store to slump it in. I had this great idea that if I squirted dark blue under glaze into the extruder it would make swirls in the clay like if you were frosting a cake with a piping bag, well that didn't really work out like I planned but I kept going to see if it would make it through the firing. There are not really any cracks but some spots they coils pulled away from each other. I like it.

The dog statue was made for me by my girl Laurie, it is my Laney Lue, I think it looks like her, I will post a pic of her too, see if you can tell who is the real Laney :)

1 comment:

  1. Statue of Lanie Lue is very cool. I love it. I love your blog. Do you realize that when people read your blog they are going to know how seriously disturbed you are? You should think about these things in case you want to open your own biz someday. This blog is putting me in mind of I LOVE LUCY scenarios. MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete